Thursday, April 19, 2007

Four times better

After last night's runthrough, I sent an email to the company, urging more energy and commitment to their work from here on out, and I'm very happy to report that tonight's runthrough was immensely improved over last night's; it was like a different show! How pleased am I! Afterwards, I told the cast that they are all stars to me, and that I am enjoying myself tremendously working on this show. The music, choreography, blocking, line retention, and spirit were all amped up like crazy for this runthrough, and for the first time I felt as if a real audience could have watched the rehearsal and gone home smiling. I'm pretty jazzed about how things are going, and I think all of the cast feels the same way.

We had a productive meeting about the sound in the theatre this afternoon, as well, and John and I both came away from that feeling that we're in pretty good shape, and will be able to work with the existing setup without too many adjustments. That was a huge relief.

No comments: